Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) click on the banner below to be directed to the official site. Other sites charge for this service, however you can receive your application free by clicking on the banner below!
In order to determine eligibility for federal and some state and institutional aid, all U.S. citizens (and eligible non-citizens) are required to complete the free application form on FAFSA website after January applications are processed by the Federal government. Within the FAFSA process it will take 72 hours before all information reach financial aid office. Our school code (030763) is located at www.fafsa.gov.edu federal government website.
Beulah Heights University Verification Process
- Verification of data policies and procedures apply to all federal Title IV Programs (Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, and Direct Stafford Loan Program).
- All applications with an asterisk as well as applications based on estimated tax data and individual with questionable data selected at the discretion of the Financial Aid Director will be verified. Applicants selected for verification must provide requested documentation within 30 days of the date of the request.
- Requested documentation not returned within 360 days will result in the closing of the student's financial aid file. No Title IV funds will be awarded unless there is remaining funds for which the student is eligible.
- Upon receipt of the requested documentation, the Financial Aid Director will review the information. When the information is verified, the student will be notified in regard to his/her financial aid eligibility, or ineligibility. If the review results in changes, correction, or updating of information, the student will be notified as to the necessary procedures to follow.
- The student is responsible for sending the form back to the Central Processor for the necessary corrections. Students suspected of reporting fraudulent information or knowingly not reporting information will be reported by the Financial Aid Office to the US Regional Office of the inspector General, or to the appropriate state or local law enforcement agency.
- Household size and number enrolled in college (including other institutions) must be accurate as of the date the applicant submits the documentation to the Financial Aid Office at BHU.
- Items to be verified, according to the federal regulations are:
- Adjusted gross income and taxes paid for the base year.
- Independent student status
- Household size: Dependent students must report the names and number of family members in parent's household, including the student. The independent students must report the names and number of family members, including student, in the household of the student.
- Names and number of family that are enrolled at least half-time other colleges and the name of the college. Untaxed income and benefits for the base year from: Social Security, child support, foreign income exclusion, deductions from IRA and/or Keogh plans, and earned income credit.
- After verification if your Expected Family Contribution number (EFC) is over (5,000) the amount is subjected to changed. If the amount is less than (5,000) a student may qualify for whole or partial Pell award.